Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-e0000 (2V8Z4AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I recieved a BIOS Update this morning 16/01/2022 around 11.30 am and after updating the display won't turn on , it blinks for a fraction of a second along with the power button and it keeps on repeating i.e. a bootloop . I wish to make use of the file that the fellow member 8bitKerala posted but I can't find anyway to contact him right now . Please provide a solution , I've tried Windows + B and CMOS reset but nothing works . My laptop is under warranty but i don't want to wait for a motherboard replacement or any such solution . 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am also having the same issue. Tried flashing using hp official bios which didn't solve anything.

HP Recommended

having the same issue. Also tried recovering the updated BIOS from HP official site, it's showing the files are corrupted. Don't why this is the second time I'm facing BIOS error. Once I got when Windows 11 came in Beta. Please HP make your updates stable. It's also something not everyone were aware of to fix by their own.

HP Recommended

So what's the next step , what should we do?

HP Recommended

Same here, laptop bricked after update bios (I think initiated by Windows)

Recovery not working

HP, give us a solution! And fast plz

HP Recommended

I had exact same problem with my HP Victus Laptop (5600H/4GB 1650 Version).

I fixed the problem myself and I have updated the steps on this thread : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Victus-Laptop-PC-16-e0000-45... 

There is another solution from another user who appears to have faced the same problem and the solution for the same has been updated on this thread by the reporter himself / herself : https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Victus-16-in-a-bootloop-afte...

I am not an HP employee or HP Service Person. Please try the steps at your own caution.

HP Recommended

On March 4, 2022, I upgraded to Windows 11 after the installation My HP Pavillion Desktop worked well. The following day there was an HP Firmware update. After installing the update my computer failed to start, black screen, no dings or pings.  Windows + B keys, Esc, all of the Function keys failed to respond.  I called  HP Tech support and as usual, it was geared to Pay for Service since the warranty expired.  The support cost was a few dollars less than what I paid for the PC two years ago. I wasn't having it.  

The following worked for me, but before starting, please ensure you properly ground yourself to reduce any electrostatic discharge from damaging your computer. Please read the entire thread before attempting what I did. I hope it helps. It worked for me. 

I unplugged all external devices, keyboard, mouse, HDMI cable, speakers network Cat 5 cable, and the power cord. I then removed the battery (round flat battery) from the motherboard to reset the CMOS, then I held down the power button for several seconds.

I reinstalled and properly reseated the battery,  installed the power cable, mouse, keyboard, and restarted the computer, I held down the Win key and the B key, restarted and tapped on the ESC key, yet the computer failed to respond. 

I then realized that I did not remove the add-on video card installed on the PC. Starting over I powered down and removed all of the cables, power cord, reseated the CMOS battery, removed the video card then held down the power button. THIS TIME I did not install the video card and connected the HDMI cable to the video output that is on the motherboard, connected the power cable, keyboard, and mouse only. As soon as I started, I pressed the Windows +B keys, the Bios messages came up on the screen, I don't recall exactly what it said, but it was writing updates to the block meaning the update process started.  After the BIOS update was completed, my PC was whole again.  Please know that when I pressed the Windows + B key when I restarted the bios did not roll back to the previous setting.  

I believe this conflict was due to the new BIOS or firmware update having a conflict with the old Video Card or it was due to resetting the CMOS. 

I hoped this helps you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.