Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: hp stream 14

Accidentally secure erase I'm trying to reinstall the operating system but I can't because it HP logo isn't popping up when I turn on the computer so I need help fixing that the people at Microsoft told me one sec once I get then get help him get into the local 2 pop when they then they could fill me up reinstall Windows funeral watch the Butler

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Bashsalas13 

I'm having problems with several things you are saying ...

First of all, the Stream models only have an EMMc 32GB memory stick configured to work as a disk drive -- so I know of no way to "accidentally" do a "secure erase" of such a drive as that is not even possible without booting from external media with something that has that special code on it.

Second,  the HP logo is contained in the firmware encrypted into the UEFI/BIOS code on a chip on the system board of the laptop and has nothing to do with any disk drive.  So, even if the drive was totally missing, the logo would still display.

Third, I have absolutely no idea what your comments about "Windows funeral mean".  Is that trying to be funny in some way?

So, what we need to know is WHY you forced the erase of the drive in the first place.  What problem were you trying to solve by doing that?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.