Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2000-2b16nr

I deleted my operating system by accident and i get a 24 digit error code when i ran the hard disk scan. I have windows 10 on a flash drive but it originally had windows 8. How do i install when it says no bootable device found?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi::

If your notebook reported a 24 character failure code for the short or long DST, you will need to install a new hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

c03575298 (hp.com)

You may want to consider replacing the 2.5" mechanical hard drive with a better performing 2.5" SSD.

After you replace the drive, you can use your bootable W10 installation flash drive to reinstall W10.

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.