6 3 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have hp g62 notebook I have to replace in hdd but I don't have recovery desks

HP G62
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have hp g62 notebook came with windows 7 home premium and last year Microsoft offered windows 10 home premium .
Suddenly the windows closed down was a message "hdd not exist" or some other time says"boot device not found".
I have to replace in the old hdd but I don't have recovery desks. The recovery file was saved in one partition in the old hdd.
I don't how to start with the new hdd and to recover the old windows I need help please thanks.

Regards
3 REPLIES 3
Provost
Provost
49520 49491 9892 16573
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from Windows 7, you can just create your own installation media and perform a clean installation of Windows 10 as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
Sam240749 Tutor
Tutor
6 3 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

notebook laptops installed new hdd there is message "no active partition "and"no bootable device" what I have to do to install windows 10
I haven't boot desk, I used to run wind. 7 and last summer MS offered to upgrade to wind. 10 how premium and activated I need help thank you
Regards
0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
49520 49491 9892 16573
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

All the instructions on how create your own Windows 10 installation media and performing a clean installation of Windows 10 are in the guide I linked to in my previous post.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation