Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion ZV5000
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi!  I replace the HD and I want I need the software to install the Original Windows XP  (note1). As this machine rum 64 bits, I want to install a Windows XP 64 bits (if possible? is the original vertion 64?). As I live in Brazil, the Portuguese Language is appreciated! Where can I acquire a recovery disk?

Note 1: Windows 7 can't be installed by IDE interface and Windows Vista is heavy to run on it.

Thank you by read my request to all!

Fernando Werlang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fwerlang 

To be honest, that is almost certainly NOT going to happen!  Why? Because to reinstall the original OS requires something known as HP Recovery Media, which is a set of disks, and HP has not carried XP-era disks for years and years now.  In addition, the other sites that have carried such media also stopped carrying it years ago.  So, there is no place now where you can get this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@fwerlang 

To be honest, that is almost certainly NOT going to happen!  Why? Because to reinstall the original OS requires something known as HP Recovery Media, which is a set of disks, and HP has not carried XP-era disks for years and years now.  In addition, the other sites that have carried such media also stopped carrying it years ago.  So, there is no place now where you can get this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I  can told that I was surprised that  notebook ZV500 return to operate after I  let at technical assistance "PCNET in Brazil" to try to repair! The technitian explain to me that he remove the cooler, replace the thermal past and clean the heatsink!  ONLY IT!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.