Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics and the mouse drivers. The problem vanished after uninstalling the graphics driver.

I'm going to install the driver you just sent me.  I'll let you know what results. Thank you Paul the Provost ... You're the best!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Hopefully, the HP driver will work.

If not, you may have to go back to W10.

HP Recommended

Once again .... THANK YOU!  It worked, but it took a whiile, 2 hours to be exact.  I went through the lengthy installation process twice because it encountered errors. During that time, it took forever to get my mouse to do what it was supposed to do...and then my laptop  r e a l l y  slowed down.

Anyway, Life Is Good once again thanks to Paul the Provost ... My Hero!

HP Recommended

Where do I mark this issue as SOLVED?  Was I supposed to start a new trouble ticket for Part 2?

Anyway, problem solved!  Thank you Paul!

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

A discussion can only be marked as solved one time, and it was marked as solved on the first page of the discussion.

Enjoy your fully functioning notebook on W7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.