Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp ProBook x360 11 G1 EE

Hi there, my device restarted out of the blue a few days ago and got a blue screen error caused by "BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO". It then proceeds on restarting and attempting to boot into recovery mode but ends up opening a black panel named : 

" X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe - starnet.cmd" and shows these lines of code :

X:\windows\system32>wpeinit

X:\windows\system32>REG IMPORT "rep_pe_2019.reg"

The operation completed successfully.

X:\windows\system32>Recovery_Launch.exe "

It then shows a dialogue box in which it asks me to choose between ethernet cable connection or Wifi. I've tried both multiple times and each time I click on either, another dialog box shows up entitled : "Microsoft.NET Framework" and it says the following: 

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. 

The underlying connection was closed. Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel."

When I click continue nothing happens. I can't type anything in the cmd panel and none of my keys on my keyboard do anything. Then if I press quit the computer restarts and goes into the exact same loop. 

I hope someone will be able to help, until then have a great day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I managed to fix the issue! Firstly, to recover all my files I found this way that one can copy or cut the files on the computer on to an external drive, this is how you do it. When the computer asks you to choose between ethernet or wifi, choose wifi, then go on to the profiles tab. Press on the button with three dots "..." on it to acces files, and from there you can copy and paste your files on to your external drive. Then, create a windows 10 bootable usb (just follow the steps on this website : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 ) and insert it into the malfunctioning PC. You may have to go into the bios by repeatedly pressing the escape key while your computer is turning on and select boot options. Select boot from USB stick and you'll be able to install a new version of windows, voilà! I hope this helps someone that has a similar error.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I managed to fix the issue! Firstly, to recover all my files I found this way that one can copy or cut the files on the computer on to an external drive, this is how you do it. When the computer asks you to choose between ethernet or wifi, choose wifi, then go on to the profiles tab. Press on the button with three dots "..." on it to acces files, and from there you can copy and paste your files on to your external drive. Then, create a windows 10 bootable usb (just follow the steps on this website : https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 ) and insert it into the malfunctioning PC. You may have to go into the bios by repeatedly pressing the escape key while your computer is turning on and select boot options. Select boot from USB stick and you'll be able to install a new version of windows, voilà! I hope this helps someone that has a similar error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.