Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Presario cq61
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have installed a new hard drive. Upon installation of Windows 7 I keep getting an error message and it will not complete the install. Wha can be wrong (memory) ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey, I'm glad that worked for ya, and no there is no update for the Chipset. 

Please consider clicking the Accept as Solution button below the message that resolved your issue to flag your post as solved, and make it easier for others to find what worked for you! :cathappy:

Cheers!

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @bchandler6

Welcome to the HP Forums! I'd be happy to help you with your Presario cq61.  Can you first post back with your exact model number please (Finding Your HP Product Model Number)? 

Also, what does the error say, and at what point of the install do you see the error?

With this added information I will be able to assist you more efficiently. Thanks. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

It is a CQ61-410US. It will not complete the install. It says that it has encountered an unexpected error and will complete install when it reboots. When it does reboot, it says the same thing. Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Does the error looks something like this? error message

Please take a look at the following post by @BHK6Re: Endless Recovery Loop

The customer was installing Windows 8, but the issue sounds the same, and the solution could work for you! Let me know. :cathappy:

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

That's it

HP Recommended

okay, glad we have identified it. Let me know if the steps in the post I referred you to solve the issue. 

Fingers crossed!! 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I did not see a post that shows any steps.

HP Recommended

I tried hitting the F11 key and I get the same results.

HP Recommended

Re: Endless Recovery Loop   < When you click on this link you will be directed to a post written by another HP Support rep. 

The suggestion is to complete the steps found here: “The Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” during installation of wind...

This solution has worked for others, I hoped it would for you too. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

The info that was sent concerning the boot error worked, thanks! I have another question concerning the same laptop. I installed all of the drivers that were on the web page. The only thing was that I did not see a driver for the chipset. Is there one for it? If so, where can I get it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.