Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Here is the Hardware IDs for IMEI:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&SUBSYS_2296103C&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&SUBSYS_2296103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&CC_0780

HP Recommended

OK, thanks.

The last file I posted (66098) does not contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

The driver that xBishu posted (sp62419) does not contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

So that explains why you got the platform not supported errors.

Try this one...for W8.1.    See my notes below...Don't download the driver link.

10.0.30.1072 Rev.A

This file does contain driver support for the hardware ID you posted...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71258.exe

[Intel.ntamd64.6.1]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA

See if this works.  The actual file above is arranged so that you cannot manually install the driver, so I used the free 7-zip file utility to break down the driver to where I could find those hardware ID's.

I have zipped up and attached the raw driver file below.

What I want you to try is this...go to the device manager, right click on the probelm IMEI device, and select Uninstall.  Also check the Uninstall driver box.

Then restart the PC.

Hopefully no driver will be installed, and the device will be labeled as a PCI Simple Communications Controller.

Download and unzip the files I attached to their folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager and click on the PCI Simple Communications Controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, cross your fingers and hope the driver installs the device properly.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I have tried that step by step and problem here is that IMEI installs by himself soon after I uninstall it from Device Manager. Is there a way to stop it?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Other than reinstalling W10, so that you have no drivers, I don't think so.

See if you can manually install the driver I posted with the current IMEI driver installed.

HP Recommended

I have installed it manually as you suggested, but it failed to start right after it. I have restarted laptop, but still the same error as before with drivers from Version 11.xx.xx.xx. 

HP Recommended

Then I guess the only other option you have is to reinstall W10 and try manually installing the driver when you see the PCI Simple Communications Controller device appear.

HP Recommended

OK, that is not option I expected but probably will try it if there is no other solution. I would like to thank you for your kind support, even we did not solve issue yet.

Anyway, can you tell me how much this IMEI driver is important and can I Disable it and leave it in Disabled state and use my laptop normally? What is function of it generally? Only thing I notice is slow boot time, but not that slow, it's like 60s...

Also, I have installed now version 1815.12.0.2021 from 11.4.2018. which is pretty much the latest and I have different error this time in Device Manager description. It says:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Does that mean something to you?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know what that code means.

You don't need the IMEI device for your notebook to function properly.

That device is needed for remote management of your PC as when it is used in a corporate network environment.

Yet is is always nice not to have any unresolved issues in the device manager.

I have seen this before where no matter what a person tries, that stubborn IMEI device will not install right.

And I have no idea why that happens. 

I have never had a problem installing that device.

But short of reinstalling W10, you have tried everything under the sun.

So, it is time for reinstalling W10, or disabling the device.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have inistalled Windows 10 and follow steps as you mentioned before, successfully installed version 10 of driver, but after few minutes same error showed up. Do you have maybe version 9 of this driver so I can try that one as well.

Do you think BIOS version can be a problem?

I have also updated it during some troubleshooting before, so I do not know if that can have impact on this problem. Do you have suggestion about BIOS ugrade/downgrade?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I don't know what impact updating the BIOS would have on the IMEI device, and since I have never rolled back a BIOS update, I can't advise you on what to do about that, or what impact it will have.

I cannot find a version 9 of that driver that contains support for the hardware ID of your IMEI device.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.