cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
17 10 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Intel (R) ME Password. What is it? How do I find it.

HP Recommended
HP PRO x2 612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following good advice on recovery I am able to access the MAIN MENU by pressing F6.

However  before I can proceed I need to login and for that I need a Password. This is a secondhand notebook and I do not know if the previous owner set a password of if there  is a generic password I can use to override it.

I need to access the General Settings to use the HP recovery usb kindly provided by HP.

Any further help would be appreciated.

thank you

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
72 71 8 20
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi , 

I see that it Intel management engine password 

Kindly have a look at the document below from page number 6 :

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03975296

If you are referring BIOS password . You have to contact HP customer support to reset the BIOS password and access again

I am an HP Employee

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.
Click the “Thumbs Up” to say “Thanks” for helping!

Highlighted
Author
Level 2
17 10 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, I got a bit confused. All sorted

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation