Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-p206tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recovery is not working after updating to windows 10, so we should delete it, or there is a way to make it work as it is occupying more than 22 GBs of memory.

Also I believe there is not any requirement of recovery in windows 10 as we can get fresh installation without worrying about product key as it is digitally embeded in our system.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

After performing an upgrade from Win 8.1 to 10 and if activation was successful, then you were activated using a new method called Digital Entitlement. For Win 10 you no longer need a key/COA sticker/etc. Next time you attempt activation on the very same computer it will get auto activated due to the new method as long as it is the same PC (not a different one).

With regards to the recovery partition - you can delete it if you believe it is not working and if you do not plan to return to Windows 8.1

Should you need any kind of Win 10 recovery, you can simply download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft web site and use it to
- either burn it on a DVD

- or write it to a USB thumbdrive

You can then use this DVD/USB drive as a recovery to perform recovery steps or complete reinstallation of Windows 10.

>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

After performing an upgrade from Win 8.1 to 10 and if activation was successful, then you were activated using a new method called Digital Entitlement. For Win 10 you no longer need a key/COA sticker/etc. Next time you attempt activation on the very same computer it will get auto activated due to the new method as long as it is the same PC (not a different one).

With regards to the recovery partition - you can delete it if you believe it is not working and if you do not plan to return to Windows 8.1

Should you need any kind of Win 10 recovery, you can simply download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft web site and use it to
- either burn it on a DVD

- or write it to a USB thumbdrive

You can then use this DVD/USB drive as a recovery to perform recovery steps or complete reinstallation of Windows 10.

>> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

anand_san

To answer your question ...  the Win10 Upgrade is know, in some cases, to corrupt the Recovery partition stored there by the OEM that built the original machine: HP Recovery Manager Blocked After Windows 10 Upgrade - HP Support Forum - 5170752

This pretty much guarantees that no HP Recovery is going to work.

So, you might as well get rid of the Recovery partition and reuse the space.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.