Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f337 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use my laptop almost exclusively at my desk with it plugged into the wall. Should I unplug when it gets to full charge or should I remove the battery and keep it plugged in or what??

I've read different answers and just want the best for my laptop. I run Photoshop and Lightroom as well as other programs so it gets a good daily wookout.

Any advise would be helpful.

Also, Im getting another EXACT memory stick (matches the sticker with all numbers, etc), do I just have to pop it in or is there something else I need to do? Currently have 4GB and adding another 4GB stick.

Thanks again!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is a HP support document which provides useful information on how to maximize the battery life...

It addresses your question if it is OK to leave the charger plugged in all of the time...no, it isn't.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Device batteries typically deteriorate based on two factors.  Age and amount of hours they are charged.  If it is charging while at 100% then the charging is being wasted.  But even a battery that is not charged deteriorates over a number of years and will eventual stop providing consistent power.  The way I personally decide to handle this is that I plug in the device when the battery is low and I unplug it anytime I notice it is at 100%.

I think you are talking about a stick of RAM.  You will need to turn the device off and disconnect all power.  It should automatically begin working once you plug it in and turn on the device.  You can check in Windows to see how much memory is installed.  Enter the "System" window by using shortcut keys "Windows Key + X" and selecting "System."  The data in the middle includes "Installed Memory (RAM)."

I hope this helps!

#HPExpertDay

I am a Software Engineer. I innovate, coordinate, and code for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here is a HP support document which provides useful information on how to maximize the battery life...

It addresses your question if it is OK to leave the charger plugged in all of the time...no, it isn't.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.