Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 360 OLED 15” (9CQ63EA#ABV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am posting this as a separate post as this is a separate issue that seems to be increasingly reported. I have purchased the new OLED 4K 15” Spectre 360 with the GTX 1650 and CPU 9750. My first unit (10 days ago...) was overheating even when idle, reaching 90 degrees...on Google.

After confirming the problem, I have then received a brand new one today, only to realize that the exact same issue happens to that one too. So even if a one-off issue can happen to anyone, I cannot consider it a coincidence when it happens in the exact same way to another unit.

To cover the usual action steps of tech support, I have conducted the following:

1. BIOS update

2. Windows update

3. GPU (GTX 1650 and Inter 630) drivers update

4. All the above through HP support assistant along with any other update it proposed

5. Hard reset

Nothing works. Temps remain high and the fan noise is ready for take off.

9E633170-C4D5-44BF-B7D0-BE378234E430.jpeg

D93D6AB6-F8FE-4905-891E-273C673E2E7F.jpeg

Pasteli
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pasteli

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  
use the following steps:  (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

• In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring.

For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Same old, tried all steps with no luck, it keeps overheating even on the most simple of tasks like Netflix. That's the 2nd Spectre in a row to do that...

Pasteli
HP Recommended

@Pasteli I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.