Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My BIOS information now:

Pavilion DV5000

Systembord id: 30AE

Processor: AMD Turion 64

Processor speed: 1800 Mgh

System memory: 1920Mb

BIOS version: F.33

KBC version: 49.38

Serial number: [edited By Moderator]

On official site from HP i cannot find Bios versions for the Pavilion DV5000.

Are there official newer HP BIOS versions for this laptop ?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, that is correct, and you can update the BIOS if you are running XP.

As long as you flash the BIOS with the XP OS, you should be OK, but I cannot guarantee it 100%.

I don't dual boot any of my PC's.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the product number?  On same sticker as the serial number.

I see a BIOS update F.54 for AMD processors if you are running XP or Vista.

I would need to know the product number to see if that BIOS update is specifically listed for your exact model dv5000 (there are literally dozens of different dv5000 model configurations).

HP Recommended

Hi @wowtiel,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Serial Number in your post. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Product Number = S/N on the back:

EZ151EA#ABH

The productname: dv5120eu

I found 2007-03-05 , Version: F.54, 2.06M for the HP Pavilion dv5120eu

Is this the right BIOS ?

I am running dualboot Windows Xp Home edition (32-bit ?) and Linux Mint 13 64-bit.

The BIOS can operate with different Operating Systems ?

HP Recommended

Yes, that is correct, and you can update the BIOS if you are running XP.

As long as you flash the BIOS with the XP OS, you should be OK, but I cannot guarantee it 100%.

I don't dual boot any of my PC's.

HP Recommended

I'm needing to know what would cause my lap top to keep cutting off i can't do nothing with it. can you help me?

HP Recommended

I have a DV5237ci laptop that I recently  installed WIN 7 Pro.  My newer laptop failed so I am resurrecting the older one.

The laptop has 4GB of RAM but WIN 7 say 2.99GB usable.

MY BIOS version is F.15.  Would updating BIOS help with this problem?  If so, where can I download the latest version for this Intel based laptop?   If there is an installer, where can this be downloaded as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.