Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 N010TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello respected Members,

I am using HP Pavilion 15 n010tx purchased in Dec 2013. I faced some malfunctioning yesterday. So i tried recovering via recovering media which I got from HP. Everything was going perfect. But at time of software installation i faced an error" The Recovery attempt has been failed. Try following options.." . I tried a lot but couldn't get rid of this problem. I tried (pirated) windows 10  . it installed perfectly. No issue I faced . 

I contacted service center . They concluded without troubleshooting that Media is creating problem. Get a new media from HP. But HP denied that they don't have media bcos laptop is too old to get media.They told me that contact Microsoft . They will provide you with Windows.. 

Please help me now how can i get rid of this problem? Please....

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, is dommage you have installed an other version of Windows, because you have maybe erase your recovery partition included with your PC.. But you can always try, if you restart your PC taping F11, do you have access to troubleshooting options? 
If yes, you can use "recovery manager" for directly reinstall your original Windows version. 

If it is erased, you can download a media from Microsoft, burn it and install it using your product key recorded in the BIOS. You will install HP drivers later. Do you executed Windows 8 or Windows 10 before your recovery try?

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended
Sir I have erased recovery partition. When I ran recovery media it automatically made new partition in HDD and recovery partition was lost. 

Sir is it possible to get key of pre installed windows in my laptop which I got during purchase?  If yes then how?  Please guide. I shall be lifetime thankful to you if I get that key from bios. 

Regards
HP Recommended

Hello, in effect it is possible. You don't need to recover your key in the BIOS; during installation you just need to select your good edition (Home in this PC) and clic on "I don't have product key". Your system need to be automaticaly activated. 

You can download Windows 8.1 here: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8

For create USB media with the ISO File: 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/windows-usb-dvd-download-tool

And if you have already installed Windows 10 on this PC, you can download Windows 10 and create media with the tool here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If I have been answer to your question please accept it as a solution 🙂
I am Expert from French Community, and I am doing my best to help you with your question.

HP Recommended

Download Windows 10 iso from Microsoft and create Bootable usb uefi or legacy what you need then boot from this drive to install Windows,  if you have pre-installed windows then the oem key installed on bios automatically detect the windows edition and try to format the hard drive to ignore issues and if you have dos pc then you can install any edition and activate later using a product key. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.