cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 2
11 6 1 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Issues after updating to Windows 10 2004, HP ENVY 15 2020

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 ep-0500na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, i purchased a new HP ENVY 15 2020 about a few months ago, and it was perfectly fine, no issues, but then I decide to update it to Windows 10 2004 after Windows Update gives me a prompt that my laptop is 'ready' for the new update.

So, I update it to Windows 10 2004. and immediately started experiencing issues. The first issue that appeared was that I wasn't able to put the laptop to sleep. Upon selecting the option for the laptop to sleep from the Windows start menu, the laptop instead proceeds to FORCE SHUTDOWN, then turn back on. The reason I assumed it 'force' shutdown is because when the computer turns back on, Google Chrome displays the 'Restore tabs?' message when you open it after putting the computer to 'sleep', meaning that the computer must've been forcibly shutdown, then restarted.

The other, most serious issue, is that, even when idle, the computer stays at 70°C+ and, being metal, is physically hot to the touch with the fans blowing at full blast, AT IDLE.

And how I know this is definitely an issue with this laptop's support for Windows 2004? I reverted back to Windows 10 1909 and all issues immediately resolved themselves. Can HP PLEASE issue a fix for this??? I expected better for such a premium laptop, HP. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,391 28,141 2,495 9,246
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VirtualityJP 

Lots of people, folks with lots more time, effort, and money invested than yourself, are having adventures with Windows 2004.

The Windows 2004 Update seems to work fine for some and fails rather spectacularly for others. 

This scenario appears to be true for new users, old users, old computers, brand new computers, and anything in between.

You are not the first one to retreat in horror, just the most recent one to have done so and reported it to the Community.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation