Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

any update for this issue..? 
😞

HP Recommended

No, unfortunately not.

HP Recommended

in the Spanish forum (latin american ppl) we have the same issue in this **bleep** bios update, hope it fix soon

HP Recommended

Hi, how do i set the value to 99%? 

HP Recommended

https://youtu.be/QKA8MdpGoyM?t=91

... starts at 1:30

Though, i think the Ryzen Controller fix is the better solution since it doesn't throttle the CPU as much as the 99% fix and only does it when the CPU reaches a temp limit and not 24/7.

HP Recommended

Thanks! I'm using this solution because Ryzen Controller seems to not be working with °75C max temperature. Maybe you can share your preset, so I can try it as well.

HP Recommended

My situation is exactly the same. More than 3 weeks have passed, and the problem has not been fixed. And where are HP looking?

HP Recommended

Come on HP! We're all stuck here with a gaming laptop we cannot game on. Please fix this issue or at least let us roll back to the last version f.05, should'nt that be possible in the first place since there even is an option in the bios for a roll back. But ofcourse it doesn't work at the time, why is the option even there??? Come on HP, you can do better. We all paid for gaming specs, so shouldn't we be able to game. I see a ton of people with the same problem. How did this even got so messed up?! smh HP smh.....

HP Recommended

They probably won't notice it soon. Whenever I message the support, they keep saying that their updates are tested thoroughly and can't possibly have a bad effect on my computer 

Well I guess they didn't test this one thoroughly. They also refuse to forward the issue to someone else and keep saying that I should turn it in for repairs despite the Extensive hardware test via the UEFI Diagnostics tool shows no hardware defect whatsoever. They don't even respond when I tell them how widespread the issue is and keep saying "the issue could he hardware related" yeah HP, 9000~ people damaged the same part of their PC at exactly same time riiiiight after updating BIOS and are getting the same error. [content removed]

They haven't even recognized this issue. The notices and bulletins have nothing about this. No one knows if they're working on it or even if they know about the issue. Support is useless, there's nowhere you can email about this that could take steps to fix the issue. THEY EVEN PREVENT YOU FROM ROLLING BACK AS IF IT WASN'T ENOUGH JUST BREAKING YOUR COMPUTER. 

Outrageous. I don't think I'll stop contacting support every day I can, I've gotta let them know about the issue and so should you. This is just outrageous. HP employees haven't even seen it or just ignore it. 

HP Recommended

I actually contacted HP support via WhatsApp and that's what they said:

[8/9, 16:04] HP Support UK: Bios update will be released to improve the performance of the PC. It will fix the concern and the PC will respond fine.

And when asking for a release date:
[8/9, 16:14] HP Support UK: I assure you that the current version installed will fix all the concerns. The next version will be automatically released and installed. I am sorry as the date is unavailable.

...I don't quite get the second message, especially about the "current version" (?), but it might just be a typo.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.