Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAv x360

I have a Model 13-a010dx win 10 and the Keyboard and mouse stopped working.  I cna iuse external mouse and keyboard.  I also bought a new keyboard to test out and that does not work.

Is it something to do with Tablet feature?  I turn off the "Tablet on" feature and still no luck. 

When I turn on PC I have to finger swipe, since no keyboard working, and when it go to PAssword screen the keyboard already comes up for me so it seems like it always things it's in tablet mode or something.  

I tried the recovery and load bios defaults and no luck.

THanks for any ne help in this matter.

DOn

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Power the notebook on and then immediately tap the Esc key.

In startup menu press the F2 key to invoke the PC Hardware Diagnostics menu.

Click on component tests and then choose and run the keyboard test.

What is the result of the test?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I entered the test screen as I had to use the External keyboard to use the esc key to enter screen.  Once in I unplugged the external keyboard and went into keyboard setup.

end result

FAILED

Failure id MCOJMK-79F8GC-MFPV7F-G06B03

Product id: G6T71UA#ABA

HP Recommended

OK. That is a verified keyboard fail.

You will need to write the failure code down and contact HP for warranty service via the following web document.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-13-a000-x360-Convertible-PC/6936239/mode...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Please note I said I also had a new keyboard and it is not working as well

So can it actually be a motherboard issue or could it be it things it's in tablet mode.  Is thery anything that puts it in that mode outside software, like is thre a sensor in the unit its self?

So it's not a keyboard issue as its mouce pad too and happens on a new keyboard too and It would be toor rare to be on both keyboards

HP Recommended

To see if it is in tablet mode, click on the icon that is all of the way to the right on the bottom of the screen.

It looks like a caption box.  

You will see icons at the bottom.

If tablet mode is on, the tablet box and icon will be blue and it will say "on".

@dmaclaren2

And?

HP Recommended

It is not showing in tablet mode.  I find it odd that both the keyboard and the mouse pad would go out on the mother board seeing thawt they are two separate connectors to the board.  

so since I have a new keyboard that is also not working and that the external mouse and keyboard work, what other thoughts are there, besides a bad mother board, that could be the issue.

If I delete the keyboard driver from device manager it re installs on a restart, would it do that if it couldnt' find the keyboard?

HP Recommended

If you installed a new keyboard and didn't do the installation properly it would also cause issues.

HP Recommended

Installed correctly, aso lets move on from the actual keyboard.  As mentioned in earlier post, could both the Mouse pad and Keyboard fail same time on motherboard?

Could one fail cause the other tofail?

is there anything else to look at in fixing?  

As mentioned that if I delete the keyboard driver, it reinstalls on a restart, is that normal even if it can't find a keyboard?

HP Recommended

If it installs on a restart that means that the OS recognizes it as being there without a driver. 

Run the long system board test to see what result it gives.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.