Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp spectre x360 13 ac0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

:smileyembarrassed:What is the reason for getting Kernel-Event Tracing errors frequently in a bradnew laptop ?

Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022

Event ID - 02

Error code 3221225506

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Jeet Singh

The particular error commenced  on  June 5th, the following programs were installed on that day,

therefore they were uninstalled .

Then at control panel trouble shooted to fix, windows update problems as an administrator.

This brought a positive response of recovery - no more event 2 errors. 

virus..PNG

Thank you for your time, effort and cooperation ! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @S_Rajh,

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I see from the post that you are getting an Kernel error on your new HP laptop after the recent update. Don't worry, though, as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Did this happen after the recent update?

Have you tried to perform any troubleshooting steps before posting this on HP Forums?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the hard drive and Memory from F2:

Please install and use Windows Update troubleshooter from this Microsoft web page to resolve any Windows update issues. 

Recommend you run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated on your computer. Click here

Depending on the test results, I would suggest you try to perform System restore to a previous date where it was all working fine, using this link. For some reason, the system restores fail, I would suggest you perform System recovery, doing this will wipe off everything and set the computer back to the original factory conditions. So, please remember to backup all your files. For some reason the recovery fails, this could either be due to partition being corrupted or system file is missing. 

Link to perform System recovery: Click here

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number. Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Jeet singh thank you for your lengthy reply !

Its a just a three week old one and it doesn't show any scary signs than your post.

The event 2 errors have commenced appearing since the 5 th day of purchase - its an accidental discovery but frequently occuring several instances daily.

Model No: HP Spectre x360 - 13-ac028tu

@command prompt  sfc /scannow  - didnt solve

windows 10 trouble shooter too didnt solve the issue

Is there any particular reason for this error?

Simply a post update symptom ?
Any specific signs to be looked for potential impending/critical damage ?

Tried with the program compatibility trouble shooter for the latest windows 10 update privacy settings  just now.

Hope to update you on the results whilst looking forward to 'hear' from you on root causes !

Thank You 

HP Recommended

Hi @S_Rajh,

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

The Kernel error could be related either to Memory/hard drive or OS related issue. 

This is really unfortunate, that you are having this issue on a brand new PC.

Request you to follow the steps suggested and get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet Singh

The particular error commenced  on  June 5th, the following programs were installed on that day,

therefore they were uninstalled .

Then at control panel trouble shooted to fix, windows update problems as an administrator.

This brought a positive response of recovery - no more event 2 errors. 

virus..PNG

Thank you for your time, effort and cooperation ! 

HP Recommended

Hi @S_Rajh,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad to hear you got it working.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.