Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15-ab254sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi & help! 

I have an HP Pavillion laptop 15-ab254sa which was working fine up until a week ago when I picked it up horizontally by the bottom left hand corner.  The DVD drive made a bit of a noise and when I came to use the keyboard, some of the keys on the left hand side no longer worked and the "s" key kept getting stuck randomly sending "ssssssss" all over the screen.

I have opened up the laptop and put it back together, which has improved it slightly but still the following keys don't work:

`¦  Esc  1  q  a  z  tab key (left side)

Also the speaker shortcut comes on and off with the pressing of either the x or the c keys (which didn't happen before but the do seem to  type ok)

I ran the keyboard diagnostic test which came back with error ID: 94TWTS-80R8MF-G00203

So, now not sure what to do/how to fix this - any suggestions/help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Marie  :Crying:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your welcome Marie.

Let me know if you need any further help when Keyboard arrives.

All the best,

David

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Marie,

You can replace the keyboard. It is more expensive than "normal" keyboard since it comes attached to top cover. On page 23-24 of service manual you can see the part number for the country you need. I am assuming from the nickname you used that you are from UK, so the part number is 809031-031. If you perform a google search you can find the part online.

Example:

http://laptopbits.co.uk/hp-upper-cover-with-uk-keyboard-809031-031

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-HP-Pavilion-15-AB-Palm-Rest-Cover-UK-Keyboard-809031-031-814213-031-/2...

In the service manual you can see the various steps on page 70 (replacing touchpad). You could try performing this procedure with the keyboard you have at the moment to see if any ribon cables have moved slightly, before purchasing new keyboard.

Service manual:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04642845

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Thank you for the info - very much appreciated! 

I have now ordered a replacement keyboard, which will hopefully fix the problem.

Thanks again,

Marie :generic:

HP Recommended

Your welcome Marie.

Let me know if you need any further help when Keyboard arrives.

All the best,

David

Please click on accept as solution if answered your question

HP Recommended

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay in the update but I've only (today) got around to fitting the  new keyboard.

I'm pleased to say  that the keyboard is now working perfectly - so a huge THANK YOU to you!  

Best regards

Marie 

HP Recommended

Your welcome Marie.

Happy to hear everything worked out well. Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best, 

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.