Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i just updated my laptop and after the update was installed i found that sometimes my laptop freezes for about 5-10 seconds before returning to normal. I've found this issue when i used microsoft edge. Why does my laptop get worse after updates??? Might just disable updates. I've updated my laptop few weeks ago too and found another problem which also occured this time but worse.  My webcam. The previous update i couldn't use facial recognition (worked after i installed a driver) and now after i updated my laptop this time the camera itself stopped working. Again i had to install a driver. Please, if someone could help me understand at least why this is happening i'd appreciate it so much. Oh and i dont think tablet mode works properly. This laptop is a convertible so i thought if i flipped my screen around it would automatically set my laptop for using as a tablet. I even tried to select the tablet mode, it only changes my inteface thats all. Does not oreintate my screen nor disable my keyboard. I did search this up on the internet and went into the settings to figure this out and nothing works. Again, if someone could please help me i would be so greatful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Huraya

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Laptop Freezes Randomly After Update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you reset the PC to release any excessive static from the device?

was it the windows or the HP updates?

While you respond to that, let's start with performing a hard reset on the PC to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue. 

• Turn off the computer. 
  • Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 
  • Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 
  • Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 
  • Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 
  • If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

Second, you can check if there is Bios update available for your PC, here is the link to download. 

  

Performing a test on the Hard drive as well as on the Memory from the Hardware diagnostics:  
1) Shutdown the computer.  
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  
3) Press F2 once for System Diagnostics.  
4) Go to Component test.  
5) Run extensive Memory and Hard Drive test.   

Depending on the test results, If the test passes then I would suggest you perform a complete system recovery.  

Note: Recovery will wipe off everything from the computer. If you have anything important get in touch with some local stores to get your data backed up. 

  

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

  

For more details, you can try these documents as well. 

  

Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) 

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Huraya

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Laptop Freezes Randomly After Update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you reset the PC to release any excessive static from the device?

was it the windows or the HP updates?

While you respond to that, let's start with performing a hard reset on the PC to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue. 

• Turn off the computer. 
  • Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers. 
  • Unplug the AC adapter from the computer. 
  • Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory. 
  • Press the Power button to turn on the computer. 
  • If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key. 

Second, you can check if there is Bios update available for your PC, here is the link to download. 

  

Performing a test on the Hard drive as well as on the Memory from the Hardware diagnostics:  
1) Shutdown the computer.  
2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  
3) Press F2 once for System Diagnostics.  
4) Go to Component test.  
5) Run extensive Memory and Hard Drive test.   

Depending on the test results, If the test passes then I would suggest you perform a complete system recovery.  

Note: Recovery will wipe off everything from the computer. If you have anything important get in touch with some local stores to get your data backed up. 

  

Click here to know: How to perform each step. 

  

For more details, you can try these documents as well. 

  

Computer Is Slow (Windows 10) 

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.