Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fr1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am bought new laptop and facing issue with wake.

The laptop screen is blank after waking up resulting in loss of data & time.

I had already reinstalled windows 10 as per advice of customer support.

This new laptop sucks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Arnav6 

Welcome !

Please, check this TKB article we have here in the Community and follow all the steps >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/HP-laptops-Sleep-mode-issues-in-Windows-10/ta...

Let me know how it goes

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Laptop not working sleep mode even after doing all setting as advice, but in hibernation is working ok and taking extra time to reboot plus have to press power bottom again and again.

Solution provided is half beneficial.

look forward for a permanent sollution.

rgs

HP Recommended

Hi @Arnav6 

Thank you for posting back.

It is normal for the machine to take some extra time to reboot if Fast Start up is disabled. Hibernation is generally more stable mode.

Just to confirm and to be 100% sure - you did all the steps in the articles, including:

- configuration as per this HP article

- BIOS/UEFI is up to date (you have manually installed latest version)

- your drivers are latest as per HP Support Assistant

- Intel Management engine settings adjustment

- you have uninstalled all and any 3rd party security apps such as antivirus, encryption, firewalls

- you have disabled Fast Start up in Windows

Please, confirm.

Try to repair Windows system files (if anything is corrupted):

- ensure your PC is connected to the Internet

- go to Start, type CMD and run Command Prompt as Administrator

- in the CMD window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

- wait for the process to complete

- while still in CMD, type  sfc.exe /scannow

- wait for the process to complete

- restart your computer

Let me know if any improvement.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.

Followed all steps.

same problem computer does not wake after closing the lid of laptop.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you for your update. That's strange.

In this case, I would recommend that you try to clean re-install your Windows 10 and then again follow the steps in this article.

Check the attached PDF file below with instructions how to reinstall Windows.

From your initial post, I can understand you got a new laptop. Since this is a new computer which you bought, you are entitled to a free in-warranty tech support. If you are not willing to reinstall Windows, you may also try to reach to HP Support team so that your case can be further inspected and elevated (if needed). Follow the steps here >> https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.