Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-bs615tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hi
It's been only one and a half year to my laptop and battery is not working anymore. My battery shows a charge of around 60%-70% and laptops suddenly shuts down without any warning and it does not power on without connecting the adapter.
And when i connect the adapter, white light turns on which means battery is fully charged, and after 30-40 seconds its turns orange and then it shows that battery is charging.
Also when I connect adapter, after few seconds or so it stops charging and starts after one-two minutes. This happens frequently and it takes so much time to charge only 30 % battery from 70% to 100% because battery usually shuts at 60%-70% as I said earlier.

These are the following steps that i had tried:

1. Hard rest done

2. Drivers updated

3. All components tested

i have not made any upgradation in the windows. i have latest BIOS and Chipset drivers. 

Kindly help is someone knows.

Regards
Sarthak Jain
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sarthak496

I understand your concerns and will try my best to help

When you say component test? Do you mean the Battery Test from F2 Diagnostic? Did the Test pass?

Let's reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and check if that helps

Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter (For Notebooks with removable Battery)
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Keep me posted 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

Hi

Yes I was referring to the Battery Test from F2 Diagnostic and test was passed.

And I performed each and every step as you instructed but in vain.

Problem still persists. Please help.

Regards

Sarthak Jain

HP Recommended

@Sarthak496
Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: ( do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating ) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

And, also update Bios: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.