Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-g011nr Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello. I'm trying to help a friend fix his laptop. for some reason, when booting normally, it'll start with a black screen for a good few minutes or so then the HP logo will appear with the spinning circles or waiting. after what seems like a good 5 minutes or so it'll blue-screen. the error reads something like "error loading the OS" or something but I can't read it because it only shows up for a second before reseting and starting the process all over again.

I found out that by hitting escape over and over at right as I turn it on it'll give me options for system restore and boot devices but this doesn't help much at all. I try using the windows CD on it and it does nothing, I even tried to use the CD via a bootable flash drive and nothing. sure, it'll say the usb IS bootable but when I select it it gives me the HP loading screen and then a black screen. I even tried waiting for an hour to see if it's just loading but nothing.

has anyone else had this problem with this laptop and if so do you know if there's a way to fix it? thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @Rabidmedia,

Your error says on your HP 15-g011nr Notebook it is a Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure. The error would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.

Here is a link to your service manual page 49 for replacement number and how to. 

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Rabidmedia,  

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.  

I was having an issue with the Computer and sent you you this 2 private messages with the same content. My bad!!

I have read your post on your HP 15-g011nr Notebook and not loading to the Operating system correctly. Make sure you have no USB devices connected.

Have you tried to use the HP Recovery Manager to recover or restore?   

Here some help with performing a System Recovery.  

This shows you to do a Hardware test.   

Please let me know the results.  

You could click the Thumbs up button to say thanks.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

thank you for your help but it's not working. as far as trying to start the recovery I'm stuck on the black screen again. after hitting F11 the screen was black for a minute then the HP logo and "please wait" under it, then black screen again. it's like the computer is completely unable to load anything besides the bios data.

the hardware diagnostics test ran for a few seconds and gave me this failure ID:

933RU2-7AG84T-XD7V7G-60WL03
I'm gonna hold on to that number and try to contact HP support like the screen says.
again, thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

HI @Rabidmedia,

Your error says on your HP 15-g011nr Notebook it is a Hard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure. The error would indicate that your Hard Drive is failing and will need to be replaced.

Here is a link to your service manual page 49 for replacement number and how to. 

I hope it helps.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.