Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-da0511sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is hell slow. I complained curry's support team and they changed windows version but still the browsing is **bleep**slow. These are the specifications of this machine. I have no data stored on the system and I am just doing basic work for my office like visiting websites but notebook is not up to the expectation.

Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Microprocessor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7020U CPU @ 2.30GHz
System memory
4 GB
Memory slot 1
4GB Micron Technology 2133MHz
System board
84A6 80.48
System BIOS
F.33
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Which hdd you are using?

Better to use HP ssd drive or m.2 drive. ( before upgrade the ssd you should check whether you have ssd or m.2 slot in your laptop ).

Check the updates for your device manager devices.

Clear your browset cache , and see the different. 

If you have lan internet cinnection then use the lan connection. Lan connection is better than wifi connection. 

check whether any background apps are running while you are browsing.

scan the pc with antivirus software.

Delete the %temp% files , if you don't want.

Deletr the prefetch files if you don't want. 

Run the system file check up in cmd sfc / scannow.

HP Recommended

@Muhammad121472 

The advice to install an SSD by @Prash4 is the single best thing you can do to improve the real-time performance of the laptop.

But you said Curry's installed a new OS -- WHAT did they change it FROM? And WHAT did they change it TO?  Whatever they did, this was a waste of time because an OS version is not going to cause your machine to be, in your words "hell slow".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind respond. I am using SDD made by Toshiba. I have done all the steps already but it did not help me at all. This notebook has this issue from the very first day I bought. Its only twelve months old but its speed is horrible slow. Is there any other method I can try as I am not that much computer savvy.

HP Recommended

They just change the windows version and thats all.It was totally wastage of time

HP Recommended

Check your Toshiba ssd life remaining? 

If your ssd life remains 70% then it will work like a hdd. 

Better you upgrade new ssd and always keep your bios default.

HP Recommended

@Muhammad121472 

The single most common cause for terribly slow PCs is a failing drive -- as it gets hung up reading failing sectors and slows the PC to a crawl.  But you said yours was like this from the beginning, plus, it has an SSD and even the cheapest SSD is much faster than a hard drive.  So if that was the issue, replacing the HDD with an SSD would have taken care of it.

There is a possibility you are loading something at startup that is taking up lots of resources, so a way to check this would be to boot into safe mode, disable all the tasks and then look at the performance.  Here is how to get into safe mode:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.