Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When i am on battery CPU runs at 2.7ghz, when i plug the charger in it drops to 0.38ghz if i then remove charger it returns to 2.7ghz 

I have adjusted power management setting to no avail ,,,, it makes no difference,

I can not find any further updates for anything

HELP

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@AlanWoodward Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi 

The spec is as follows

HP Pavilion x360 convertible

SKU N7H15EA

i5 6200U

Bios F.28

SMBIOS 2.8

windows10 version 10.0.1041

8GB Ram 

512 M2 drive

I have modified the power management several times to no avail, it is now on the same for both battery and mains But still has the mains problem of shutting down to 0.38ghz

HP Recommended

further to previous 

13-S150sa

8CG54321T4

HP Recommended

@AlanWoodward

Enable Turbo boost on DC may be disabled in BIOS.

Other possibilities might be Advanced settings in the Power plan -> Processor Power Management -> Maximum processor state

You can find the Power plan settings in the Control Panel

WinKey+R -> type control and hit Enter -> Power options

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Just read your reply. if you mean enable turbo boost on Battery how much more than 2.7ghz on a 2.4ghz cpu will i get

The problem is with AC power, it slows to 0.38ghz as soon as i plug in the mains adapter (AC)

However i can not find turbo boost in the bios  there is no mention of it there (" Insyde F.28, 22/04/19" )

And as i've already stated i have exhausted all options on power management 

Minimum processor state 

on battery 5%

plugged in 100%

Maximum processor state         

on battery 100%

plugged in 100%

and just to try something backward i put minimum processor state to on battery 50 No change

Then i put it to 100% still no change

So i put it back to 5%

Where now ?

HP Recommended

@AlanWoodward

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.