Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15-ar052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When use the Microsoft Store, on certain games I choose to download (for example Dungeon Hunter 5) my laptop makes a weird noise as if it short circuits and then reboots. Any reason why this happens? It also happens if I try to watch adverts in games like Asphalt 8: Airborne. It worries me when it happens because it sounds like it's damaging the laptop!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DDrake238, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

Try creating a new user account on your PC and check if it helps.

Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC. 
Enter a username, password, password hint, and then select Next.

To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Account > Family & other people (or Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account. 

If the issue still persists after creating new user account. Try performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a complete system recovery.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @DDrake238, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you are getting error Microsft Store Error on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

As you mentioned when you download a game from windows store laptop makes a weird noise and reboots.

Try updating the BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, Try the steps recommended below.

Resetting the Windows Store Caches Using Command Prompt:
1. Open an elevated Command Prompt by right-clicking over the Start menu icon and selecting the Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.
Open cmd (admin) right click and run as admin.
Type: powershell.
Type: 
Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
Now type: 
Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml
Restart Pc by clicking Windows start power shutdown!
Now do not open windows store or windows store apps!
Open cmd and type WSReset.exe
Restart your PC and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've tried all the things you have suggested and none seem to work. I passed the diagnostic test  and it still does the same thing!

HP Recommended

@DDrake238, It's great to hear from you again.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned after trying out the steps the issue still persists.

Try creating a new user account on your PC and check if it helps.

Select the Start button, then select Settings  > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC. 
Enter a username, password, password hint, and then select Next.

To make the new account an administrator account, select Start  > Settings  > Account > Family & other people (or Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise), and select Change account type. Under Account type, select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account. 

If the issue still persists after creating new user account. Try performing a complete system recovery on your PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a complete system recovery.

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.