Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had to add Bitlocker to my laptop for my job. Not my laptop is giving me problems. It lets me logon using my Bitlocker password, it says Microsoft did not load properly but even when I tried to reset it it won’t do anything.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Shea310
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

BitLocker protects the PC by encrypting the files on the hard drive. The files that BitLocker encrypts provide better protection against theft, even if someone removes the hard drive and tries to accesses its contents without authorization.

If the PC is equipped with version 1.2 or greater of the trusted platform module (TPM) hardware, then the user can use BitLocker to lock the normal boot process until someone supplies a unique personal identification number (PIN) or inserts a USB device with a BitLocker startup key, thus adding an additional layer of authentication.

Click here:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03438484 to know more about Using BitLocker Drive Encryption in Windows 
It might say windows 7 but it also same for windows 10

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.