Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 15

Hello - I am missing bulk of the advanced power options on my HP Envy X360 (W10 64bit - which i purchased Dec 2019):

I've attached an image of what I have (minimal) vs what most Windows users have (with all the available options to tweak e.g. processor power management, USB settings etc)

Capture1.PNG

Expected viewExpected view

I read on a window forum to change the registry (details below), however, if I do this, and restart my laptop, I gain these additional power features (great!) but lose the option for my laptop to sleep when closing the lid or pressing the shutdown button (bad news!)

1. Press the Windows and R keys > Type Regedit > Hit Enter.

2. Once the left pane, go to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Power

3. Click on Power and on the right side, double-click on CsEnabled key and change the Value data from 1 to 0.

4. Restart the computer once and check if you are able to see the power plans.

Any advice would be most grateful. Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@nutmeg82 Perhaps, you can create a new user account and check if that works fine, if not, could you tell me if you are in the Windows 10 S mode, or is that regular without the S mode? Meanwhile, also try the below steps:

You can restore the missing power plan settings simply by running several commands in Command Prompt.

1. Search for “Command Prompt” either right in the Start menu or by tapping the search button right next to it. Right-click on the first result which will appear at the top and select the “Run as administrator” option.
  2. Type in the following set of commands one after another and make sure you click Enter after typing each one and wait for the process to finish and display a “process successful” message:

Note: The last command can only work on Windows 10 versions after the 17101 build as it’s related to restoring the Ultimate Performance Power Plan available for the newest Windows 10 builds for workstations.

powercfg -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a

powercfg -duplicatescheme 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e

powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

• Restart your computer and check to see if the power plans are back where they belong.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there @ and thanks for the reply - before I attempt the command prompt method, could you please confirm that this will restore the additional advanced power settings options that I am currently missing? I'm not trying to restore power plans (e.g. balanced, high performance etc.) but want to be able to change the USB Settings, Processor Power Management. At present only the yellow highlighted exist within my advanced power setting options:

capture4.PNG

By typing all of the below in command prompt, what is each actually restoring? There are only x4 below but I am missing x5 in my settings

powercfg -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a

powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c

powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

Look forward to hearing from you soon 😁

HP Recommended

I suggest you follow the steps and let me know what it activates as I'm not sure exactly what its supposed to activate, although, other users have reported that all basic options are back when these steps are performed, keep me posted!

And let me know if that's Windows 10 S mode, you've got as inquired previously.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello - its just regular Windows 10 64bit 1909 - (not 'S mode)

HP Recommended

Hello again - upon Google invesitgation, the command prompts you recommended are to restore the following power plansCapture.PNG

However, I am not trying to restore the plans (e.g. I already have 'Balanced') but am merely trying to restore the advanced settings that are not configurable as they don't exist. Even if I create a custom plan.

If i were to restore all of the above, then how does this work and does it conflict with the battery slider? I understand that this was the whole reason the power saver, high performance etc. options were removed a few years back, becauase there was no need for them due to the battery slider being introduced and thus only requiring a default 'balanced' plan which in essence can be power save or high performance by changining the slider to 'best battery' and 'best performance' respectively

HP Recommended

@nutmeg82 The new schemes ideally would resolve the issue as they would get the missing options back along with it, however, if you've done all that and yet it doesn't work, you may need to backup all your personal data into an external storage device and reset windows using the steps mentioned here.

Keep me posted with the results.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a new computer and power options (including advanced) were like this upon purchase and initial setup so I don't think resetting Windows is the answer.

I have a Dell laptop I use for work and it doesn't have this issue, i.e. it only has the balanced power option, the battery slider, but includes all of the advanced power settings which can be tweak. It must be a HP flaw.

HP Recommended

@nutmeg82 If you aren't comfortable with that option, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Just to confirm and so that other users are aware, I used the command prompt tool and entered

This has no positive effect. All it did was duplicate the 'balanced' power plan that I already had, but the advanced power options were still not complete. In the end I just deleted the additional power plan that had been created from the command prompt as it had no postive impact. I'm still missing the option to adjust USB settings, processor power management etc.

Thank you for your help, but will log with HP Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.