Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Please help me with this, I made a clean installation of Windows 10 (by downloading from the official win 10 site with USB setup) few months back for some problem which got resolved. After that, I noticed that few HP in-built utility softwares which comes pre-installed when we purchase HP laptop were also removed in that process, later on I manually installed those, but the one I'm not able to reinstall is HP Recovery manager it has even vanished from the F11 boot option and advanced recovery menu and is also not showing up in Windows 10 search. Please help me with this issue how do I reinstall it as I think was removed in system recovery process.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately since you clean installed W10 the recovery manager software is gone forever.

What you can do is to make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Whether or not this will install the recovery manager and re-create the recovery partition, that I do not know.

On some PC's it does and on some it doesn't.

Here is a link for how to use the cloud recovery tool...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Basically the bootable recovery drive you create is the same as using the recovery manager to factory reset the PC.

But instead of pressing F11, you boot from this drive instead.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately since you clean installed W10 the recovery manager software is gone forever.

What you can do is to make a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Whether or not this will install the recovery manager and re-create the recovery partition, that I do not know.

On some PC's it does and on some it doesn't.

Here is a link for how to use the cloud recovery tool...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

Basically the bootable recovery drive you create is the same as using the recovery manager to factory reset the PC.

But instead of pressing F11, you boot from this drive instead.

HP Recommended
Thanks for replying, The recovery partition is not erased and it's still there, that is a separate 15 GB partition and I've not erased it, If it is possible to restore only the HP recovery manager from this partition then, please tell me the process to do it. Because when I open it I only find it empty, but it shows that almost 90 percent of the partition is utilized, then there is some backup of drivers and software in it please tell me how to recover it. Thank you.
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

What you want to do is not possible as I wrote earlier.

The recovery partition is a useless 15 GB chunk of drive space since it needs the recovery manager software to function, and that cannot be obtained from anywhere.

Just make the bootable USB recovery drive as I posted earlier to restore the original HP factory installed OS.

That is your only option.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.