Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6 3225dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday morning i turned on my laptop to start working and got a message "missing OS" when i tried to reinstall Windows 10 from the CD/DVD drive i selected Windows 10 64 bit version, and no matter what i did it would nor allow me to proceed with the install, i ran ever test under the blue moon one can possible think of and nothing would work, so i decided to see if it would install windows 10 32 bit version and to my amazement it worked, however my laptop is still running well and i get error message all related around the fact that i am missing the 64 bit version, the other problem is most ever piece of software i own is geared toward running on a 64 bit system.  does anyone out here in HP world have and suggestion to offer up as to how i can repair whatever is wrong with hard drive to it will accept the installation of my windows 10 PRO 64 bit.  when i say i have tired and read about everything i can think of that is exactly what i mean so whatever assistance i can get please bring it on.  wipe clean and reformat the hard drive anything but i got to make this work i have already lost 3 day and i work from home. Thank you all very much and know it will be greatly appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JEFFREYS2 

This a very odd situation -- as I have an older DV6 laptop and am, and have been, running 64-bit Windows 10 on it for YEARS now without any issues.  I can think of no reason why you should be encountering these problems trying to install a 64-bit version of Windows.

What exactly are the error messages you are seeing when these installs fail?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

it gives me the error code 0x0x8007025D which is an install error 

i am doing a sfc/scannow on the C: drive to see if there are any errors.

there might be some corrupt registry files or something

it found corrupt files and successful repaired them 

HP Recommended

i did the scan disk and repair and still no different every disk check and scan I do all come back as saying that all is good PASSED

i dont know about to take a sledge hammer to it 

HP Recommended

@JEFFREYS2 

This error means the installation media is corrupted -- it has nothing to do either with the current Windows installation or with your drive.

Basically, you have to make new installation media.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.