Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 14t-dv000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I just got my new Pavilion 14t-dv000 with Intel i5-1135g7 processor.

In the Advanced Power Settings, I only see a minimum list of options. Processor Power Management and other advanced options are all missing.

Any idea how to get them back?

(Picture is attached. Not sure why I can see it in editor  but can't see in the post.

power-settings.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, none of your methods works. However I found a workaround here:

https://appuals.com/how-to-restore-missing-power-plan-options-on-windows-10/

The solution 2 - Reg key hack worked for me.

Run regedit as administrator, add reg value "Attributes = 2" under reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec

(The FriendlyName is "Upper bound for processor performance throttling", and Description is "Maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percenatage may result in better battery life, but possibly lower performance.")

Then the "Processor Power Manager" setting and "Maximum processor state"  value is shown in Power Options / Advanced Settings dialog window. I can change it and see it is updated when running "powercfg query“ in Command window:

Power Scheme GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e (Balanced)
GUID Alias: SCHEME_BALANCED

Subgroup GUID: 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 (Processor power management)
GUID Alias: SUB_PROCESSOR

Power Setting GUID: bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec (Maximum processor state)
GUID Alias: PROCTHROTTLEMAX
    Minimum Possible Setting: 0x00000000
    Maximum Possible Setting: 0x00000064
    Possible Settings increment: 0x00000001
    Possible Settings units: %
Current AC Power Setting Index: 0x00000062
Current DC Power Setting Index: 0x00000062

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@IHaveNoScreenNa

I reviewed your post and I understand that the advanced power options are missing.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1Checking For System File Corruption And Restoring Default Power Plans.

Click on the Start Menu > Search for Command Prompt > Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run As Administrator.

Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following commands one by one and hit Enter after each command is executed successfully.

• sfc /scannow
  • powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
  • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Restart the computer once after executing the above commands and check for the issue.

If the issue persists, then follow Method 2.

Method 2:  Reactivating High Performance Power Plan.

1. Right-click on the battery icon from the taskbar and click on Power Options.
  2. From the left-pane, click on Create a power plan and checkbox the option High Performance.
  3. At the bottom of the window, type in a name for the plan and click on Next.

Restart the computer once after making the changes and check if the plan is reactivated.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, none of your methods works. However I found a workaround here:

https://appuals.com/how-to-restore-missing-power-plan-options-on-windows-10/

The solution 2 - Reg key hack worked for me.

Run regedit as administrator, add reg value "Attributes = 2" under reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec

(The FriendlyName is "Upper bound for processor performance throttling", and Description is "Maximum percentage of processor capabilities to use. Lower percenatage may result in better battery life, but possibly lower performance.")

Then the "Processor Power Manager" setting and "Maximum processor state"  value is shown in Power Options / Advanced Settings dialog window. I can change it and see it is updated when running "powercfg query“ in Command window:

Power Scheme GUID: 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e (Balanced)
GUID Alias: SCHEME_BALANCED

Subgroup GUID: 54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00 (Processor power management)
GUID Alias: SUB_PROCESSOR

Power Setting GUID: bc5038f7-23e0-4960-96da-33abaf5935ec (Maximum processor state)
GUID Alias: PROCTHROTTLEMAX
    Minimum Possible Setting: 0x00000000
    Maximum Possible Setting: 0x00000064
    Possible Settings increment: 0x00000001
    Possible Settings units: %
Current AC Power Setting Index: 0x00000062
Current DC Power Setting Index: 0x00000062

HP Recommended

@IHaveNoScreenNa

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.