Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Fantastic Paul, absolutely! 

Ok, those manual update driver steps all worked for all three devices -

Event_Filter_HID_Success_Screenshot 2021-06-16 020429.jpgIntel_Integrated_Sensor_Solution_Success_Screenshot 2021-06-16 021045.jpgRealtekSD_CardReader_Success_Screenshot 2021-06-16 020238.jpg

However after a reboot,

I ended up with one final 'Other Device' - pictured below - with what appears to be a registry GUID value in place of the usual vendor/Hardware ID, so I can't even tell if this is really a hardware device - or a software 'device' expecting a driver...

OtherDevices_Intel_Sensor_Screenshot 2021-06-16 021520.jpg

So,  if you think that this is not a device I should be worried about, I'll leave it alone?

Once again, thank you so much for your amazingly fast and effective responses to my query,

I am so happy with your assistance.

HP Recommended

I found this description in the 'Events' tab of that device, so it appears to be related to an Intel device as parent:

Device {DEA5AE2A-D1FD-438A-A091-CBD484788435}\ISH_BUS\4&1e49dd21&0& was configured.

Driver Name: null
Class Guid: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}
Driver Date:
Driver Version:
Driver Provider:
Driver Section:
Driver Rank: 0x0
Matching Device Id:
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A37C&SUBSYS_8519103C&REV_10\3&11583659&0&98

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Unfortunately, I don't know what you can do about that device.

You might want to try the Auto update method when you click on the update driver button.

Another thing you can try would be to right click on the device, select Uninstall, and restart the PC.

Maybe W10 will install the device correctly.

Is there a reason that you didn't use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive?

That would reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Click start

Settings

Update and security

View optional updates

Driver updates

Select all that is available - download and install.  This should eliminate most or all of the missing drivers.

HP Recommended

@Azucho98, thank you for the tip, I had tried that exact method during my attempts to fix a black-screen-on-boot/USB port issue before reinstalling Windows completely, but it didn't help at that stage -

I did try it again just now specifically for all listed Intel devices in the optional driver list, and rebooted -

Unfortunately, rather than clearing the one remaining Intel device, that added three more:

four_Intel_sensor_devices_Screenshot 2021-06-16 081605.jpg

Again, the Hardware / Vendor info isn't too clear other than it looking like an Intel device -

{DEA5AE2A-D1FD-438A-A091-CBD484788436}\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2

{DEA5AE2A-D1FD-438A-A091-CBD484788436}\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC3

I'll try installing the following remaining optional drivers and see, but none of them are for Intel devices:

optional updates non Intel_Screenshot 2021-06-16 083749.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks again Paul,

that's fine, I am happy with the functionality I have now in that case -

I will try Auto update - I did try the old 'uninstall' & restart - I have been having to do exactly that for my nvidia GTX1050Ti driver every time I disconnect my nvidia RTX3080 eGPU box - even after a clean shutdown, disconnect thunderbolt cable, restart laptop...  it doesn't recognise/correctly load the GTX1050Ti device - but from what I am seeing on forums, this is a common issue and is either nVidia driver or Win10 related, not specific to HP laptops.

There are two reasons I didn't use the HP cloud recovery tool -

- I did use it to create a USB recovery drive when I first got the laptop in 2019, and I did end up needing to try it when the laptop completely failed to start up some time in 2020, however by then, several updates must have done something and the USB image refused to let me restore - thankfully I ended up recovering somehow by way of cleaning the MBR and some other corrupted boot records...  but this time, I really needed a fresh clean install of windows - I should have realised getting all the little hardware-specific drivers might be a bit tricky 🙂

-I had a similar experience except with my wife's HP SpectreX360 13 years ago, when at that time, the process was to create a recovery set of DVDs, (supposedly at that time, Windows users were only licenced to create a single recovery image) - which I did, and which also failed to work when I tried using them to restore, so I ended up reinstalling windows manually - which, at the time, worked fine along with the HP Support Assistant supplying missing device drivers - several iterations of Win10 ago...

(Very happy to say her laptop is still running perfectly now 🙂 )

Many thanks again for everything, I will accept that as the solution

HP Recommended

Intel has a driver update utility you can try - it may help in this case.

Download and install the Intel Driver update utility here:

Intel® Driver & Support Assistant

It has helped me in the past - hit or miss.  I typically run the utility then uninstall it afterword.

HP Recommended

Thanks @Azucho98, I'll keep that link for future 😄

Some VERY good news -

while none of those optional non-Intel driver updates did anything to remove the four broken 'Intel Sensor' devices,

after another reboot I did another scan for updates, opened the optional updates list again for device drivers,

and there was a new Intel HID driver listed, which I installed, and check it out, no missing or 'Other' devices remain now!

all devices _none missing none other_Screenshot 2021-06-16 093815.jpg

In fact, there is a new category created: "Sensors" - and those four devices appear in it as follows -

HID Sensor Collection_Screenshot 2021-06-16 094725.jpg

From what little I've seen on searches for "HID Sensor Collection", I strongly suspect that three of them are accelerometer axes (e.g. for screen autorotate, etc), not sure what the fourth may be...

So, thank you for those additional tips, you and @Paul_Tikkanen have collectively resolved everything - this can be closed as resolved, hope it helps others with similar issues, it was a massive help to me.

(Someone in HP Support might want to seriously look at the buggy image upload function in these support boards though - I have lost count of the times I have posted what looked like good images, only for them to show up as a broken image triangle icon, and then had to edit post, delete the broken images and repost them and preview and repost)

HP Recommended

You're most welcome.

Glad all the remaining devices got installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.