Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everything was working fine, and I'm not sure how, but the laptop even started started working normally since the blinking started, but then reverted back to the blinking again after I shut the computer down. I have tried to take out the battery and just use the chord, just use the battery, and taking out the battery and then putting it back in and plugging the laptop in, and none of these seem to work. Any help would be great

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

Is there a pattern to the Blinking?  If so, what?

EXAMPLE:-

BIOS flashing light error codes for computers released between 2011 and January 2015

On some computers, the motherboard can flash or change the color of lights on the outside of the case, such as the power button LED and the hard drive activity LED. For computers that support this technology, lights blink and provide a beep to indicate a failure condition.

LED and beep condition

Description

Corrective action

Power button LED blinks 5 times with 5 beeps

Memory

Reseat memory DIMM modules. If the problem is not resolved, contact support to resolve a possible RAM or Main-Board failure.

Power button LED blinks 6 times with 6 beeps

Video Card or Graphics

Reset the graphics card (if applicable). If the problem is not resolved, remove other accessory cards, and replace the graphics card or Main-Board.

Power button LED blinks 7 times with 7 beeps

Motherboard or Main-Board failure

Contact support for possible Main-Board replacement.

Power button LED blinks 8 times with 8 beeps

BIOS or CMOS problem (ROM)

Perform BIOS recovery with external media (USB/CD-ROM).

HP Recommended

I don't hear any beeping...

HP Recommended

@KBY613 wrote:

I don't hear any beeping...

Nor me.

My question was about the blinks.

Which you ignored.

So

BYE.

HP Recommended

Sorry for not responding about the blinking. I thought that the table might not be applicable if I do not hear accompanying beeps. 

The blinking seems to be indefinite. The power button and the keyboard light up for a second and then go of for about three seconds continuously. Throughout the entire day today it has been like this.

HP Recommended

@KBY613 wrote:

Sorry for not responding about the blinking. I thought that the table might not be applicable if I do not hear accompanying beeps. 

The blinking seems to be indefinite. The power button and the keyboard light up for a second and then go of for about three seconds continuously. Throughout the entire day today it has been like this.

I'm not even sure if blinking is the correct word

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.