Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

it does and gives me the same choices in GPT also

HP Recommended
I just watched a YouTube video, and I think I may know where I messed up. I saved the windows 10 media tool to my USB. The video that I watched, the guy saved it as an iso to his desktop. Then he plugs his USB in and connects to Rufus.
HP Recommended
Should I delete what I've downloaded on my USB. And start over? This time downloading the windows 10 and saving it as an iso to my desktop? I think that's how I would be able to select the location of it on Rufus.
HP Recommended
OK I think I have it now. I was able to delete the USB contents, then I re-download the windows 0 media installation, saved it as an iso to my desktop. Opened Rufus and created the USB. Now I just have to restart my comp, hit the F9 or F11 and go through that process.... Do you.. Or anyone know what exactly I have to delete??? Now I'm nervous about this lol
HP Recommended
Simple way to delete the c drive is go to this pc and rename c drive to windows and during windows installation process delete the drive named windows.

HP recovery drive is of 10-30gb just find the drive within 10-30gb and delete it.
HP Recommended

Ii'm writing this on what looks and feels like a brand new laptop!! Thank you so much. I followed your steps and did it!! It was very nerve wracking when I was ready to install because it asked me what partition Ii wanted to delete, and remembering you had said to make sure I deleted the C drive, I got nervous. But I started by deleting the recovery partitions, then I did the other 2,and tried leaving the one that said "Main" or something like that. But it wouldn't work. So then I just deleted ALL of the partitions, and it worked. I can't thank you enough! It feels so good knowing that I can do that now, and that I have a clean copy of windows saved on my USB, and I have already created a restore point. Now i just wnt to get into this a little more so that I can understand exactly what it was that i did, and why. Anyway, thank you again, you were great!

HP Recommended
I'm glad your problem is resolved.

Salute to your guys, it is not easy to do it for first time, specially with new computer.

You can message me or post the new question in the forum for any assistance.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.