02-20-2014 08:26 PM
after almost a week from updating windows 8 to 8.1, when I log in to my pc windows stuck at a "please wait" in start menu for ever, there is a cancel option but it doesn't work, i can't reach the desktop or anything. i recovered the laptop once but the problem came again !
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-25-2014 12:46 PM - last edited on 02-28-2017 05:28 PM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience!
I understand the computer will not turn boot properly. I apologize for the delayed response, and I will assist you the best I can. First I require the following information:
1. The computer's model number. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website: Locating the Model Number of the Computer
2. The computer's operating system. If you require assistance locating this information, please reference this website to determine your Windows operating system.
3. Have you installed any new hardware on this computer, before the issue appeared?
4. Have you installed any new software or drivers on this computer, before the issue appeared?
Please respond as soon as possible. Thanks for choosing the HP Forums. Have a great day!
02-28-2014 05:23 AM
I called the support team and the solution soved by the following steps :
- login to the affected account
- Press Windows Key + L to lock the computer
- Switch to a user account with administrator priveledges
- open task manager & switch to the "Processes" tab (Press "More Details" if don't see a processes tab)
- find restoreoptin.exe & end task that process
- switch back to affected account (Start Page, click your account name/picture, click the account you want to switch to)
- Open Charm menu (windows key + C), select "Settings", then Change PC Settings
- Select Skydrive
- Modify the File Storage, Camera Roll, and Sync Settings (not sure which one does the trick)
- logout & log back in
- you should no longer be prompted with the blank 'please wait' screen
03-01-2014 10:49 AM
11-17-2014 12:11 PM
I also recently purchased an HP Laptop - top of the range - and i have a Blue Screen with "Please Wait..." showing and can't do anything!!!! I can't reboot, shut-down and restart comes back to the same place, .... this is VERY VERY FRUSTRATING and my business is stuck without this.... not sure what to do at this point.
VERY DISAPPOINTED with this.
i am running Windows 8.1 on HP Envy 17". I made no changes to my computer but when I logged out and switched to another user it just got hung in this state.
PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!
02-18-2015 12:41 AM
running windows 8 or 8.1
no new hardware, software, or drivers were installed before the issue appeared.
Hoping to have problem resolved.
03-17-2015 09:34 PM - edited 03-17-2015 09:39 PM
Even am facing the same problem. The blue screen with a message "please wait" in start menu for ever, there is a cancel option but it doesn't work.
I have updated the OS from windows 8 to 8.1. This is a new laptop which is not even a month old. What is the issue with the same?
And I am unable to work on my laptop. This is really worse.