Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@ardfar wrote:

The secure boot is active and the SSD already has boot partition but after windows updated my BIOS without my intentions, the boot partition just disappear and the SSD now is inaccessible.

Have you run diagnostics?
Tap the ESC key after powering on to run diagnostics.
Select the disk test

Does the disk show up?   if so, it is accessible even if not listed in BIOS.

If you can pass the memory and and disk test then try restoring your bios using the B key 

Click here to see how to recover your BIOS. Do 1 then 2

let me know what happened

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

If the boot drive is intact and only the BCD is corrupt, there is a way to create a USB stick to rewrite that -- and if that works, your PC will boot into Windows again without losing anything in the process.

You will need to create Boot Repair Media using a working PC.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to boot and/or Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media -- it will take a while, so be patient!
d) If needed, select the option to repair the Windows Boot

The PC should now reboot without problems. IF it still has problems, there are other issues at play.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I've tried it and had no luck. Fortunately, I bought an adapter for NVME SSD and it works. Trying to boot it and it failed but it's still accessible. Turns out the Windows update has corrupted itself and the SSD protocol (I guess???). I reinstalled the windows on a brand-new SSD. For the old SSD I re-flashed the firmware using Linux and then reformatted it, so now it can be used for portable SSD.

HP Recommended

After the SSD was recovered, I saw that the EFI partition was gone which caused BIOS not to be able to boot the windows. here is the tutorial about recreating the EFI partition to boot the Windows:

https://www.tenforums.com/installation-upgrade/52837-moving-recreating-efi-partition.html

but there is the trick, the USB installer doesn't know what drive in the computer You use. You need to add the storage driver (Intel RST Management in my case). Then open the terminal and run setup.exe. Follow the installation process until you can see your storage.  Close the setup, and continue following the instructions at the link above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.