Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15z-cw100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop crashed so I replaced the SSD. I installed the windows media creation tool windows 10 on my USB (using someone elses device) and booted the laptop. I used to have the windows that came with the latop when I purchased it. Now it all looks different. Is it because it's a different version or because I need to buy it now or did it just "reinstall" the previouse windows 10 I had already on my device and it just changed? How does it work? Did I do it correctly? Is there any way I can recover my data from my previous SSD through HP?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@khalid24 wrote:

.... I used to have the windows that came with the latop when I purchased it. Now it all looks different.

@khalid24 

Is it still Windows 10 or not ? Please

(a) Right click Start, then

(b) Select System,

syst.png

Note: Your machine should be Windows Home

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, it is windows 10 home. I also don't have Office anymore and word opens as a website. I used to have it for free. do i need to pay for it now??

HP Recommended

@khalid24 

1. Windows: same Windows 10 home, what is the difference ?
  2. Office: Did you register Office with Microsoft ? If Yes you can re install it otherwise you have to contact them to get a key.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.