02-12-2019 05:12 AM
My laptop is so slow and always hanging and some apps not responding I have formatted it hard reset it but it still the same and it not up to a year I got
please does anybody have a suggestion
02-13-2019 03:20 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
The slowness/freezing issues can be caused by software or hardware issues. Perform some adjustments and tests and let me know how it goes.
Perform some basic hardware checks to rule out hardware problem
1. Please, shutdown the computer using the power button (pressed and hold for a few seconds until PC powers off)
2. Power the computer back on.
2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately begin hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap) before any logo appears. This should open a HP Startup Menu
3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.
This will check major hardware componets for issue (do it just in case) . Here is more info >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JXUp43ahHA
If there are no system checks/no quick tests, perform HDD (hard disk drive) and RAM check (memory check).
Let me know the test results.
Back to Windows:
- run Disk Clean Up - cleanmgr.exe > https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3012-disk-cleanup-open-use-windows-10-a.html
2. Remove unneeded and temporary files. Download and run CCLeaner (from Piriform) with the extra options checked. Here are instructions
3. Scan your PC for threats, viruses, malware...
3.1.... Run the free ESET Online Scanner >> http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe
Scan your PC for viruses, threats and unwanted/unsafe applications - remove if anything found.
3.2.... Run AdwCleaner >>https://www.malwarebytes.com/adwcleaner/
3.3.... Run Kaspersky TDSS Killer >> http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/VirusUtilities/EN/tdsskiller.exe
Let me know in details if they found something and what it was....
4. Uninstall any programs you definitely do not use but you think might be a bit high on resources. You can uninstall them from Control Panel > Programs and features
5. Download and run the free Speccy > http://www.piriform.com/speccy
Install and run the app
When it is ready, click on File > Save a snapshot
A file with .speccy extension will be generated. Please, upload it somewhere (e.g. in your Google Drive, Dropbox, ICloud or OneDrive storage) and give me URL to download/see
6. Ensure your Windows is fully updated. Go to Start -> Settings -> Updates and Security and ensure Windows is updated
I am looking forward to your reply, results and details.
**** Please, click on the button below to mark this post as an ACCEPTED SOLUTION if it helped you
**** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say THANKS or give LIKE
I am not employed by HP Inc. **** I express personal opinion only. **** HP Expert **** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional