Did you mean: 
Thomsonbay333 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop will not let me sign in with my password or my fingerprint scan. Only opens guest account

hp pavilion dv6-7013cl entertainment pc
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
My laptop all of a sudden will not let me sign in using my password or my fingerprint when scanned. I did not change either one of these. When I try either one it displays the message "the User Profile Service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." Any information on why this is happening and what I can do to fix it without taking it in to be repaired? Thank you.
4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
41,441 38,140 3,339 14,017
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

My laptop will not let me sign in with my password or my fingerprint scan. Only opens guest account

@Thomsonbay333

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F11 System recovery is an option. In the window that opens choose Microsoft System Restore and choose a date before the problem started.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Thomsonbay333 Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for responding so quickly. Unfortunately I have tried that as well and it did not work. I thought about restoring it all the way back to factory settings, but I don't want to lose my pictures, ect. Those are the main things I would like to access...otherwise I would have just gotten rid of the laptop altogether. Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
m_marius_RO Top Student
Top Student
1 1 1 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have encountered this problem in four machines since yesterday. I managed to resolve the issue using safe mode and method 1 from this link

0 Kudos
sadamer Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have tried this but when I do none of my F2-11 kays work, only F1. It says I need to press F11 to recover. I am not sure why only F1 works and none of the other function keys. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation