Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 15 csXXXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp,

To be honest, I am very disappointed with this product I've bought from you. It also doesnt help that the last and only hp product bought from this same company in 2015 had issues from the day it was bought until it was discarded. A supposed brand new hp pavillion 15 laptop worth #250,000+ has not had a day go by without having an issue since I bought it, which was March of 2020. This laptop was bought with the sole purpose of making my life easier as a student but it has succeeded in leaving me frustrated, angry and regretful. At first I thought it was suspicious as the supposed warranty then had almost ended when I checked it, but I was relieved by the store that it will be renewed.

The very first issue it had a week after it was bought was the blinding of half of the screen. I took it back to be told it was because the laptop was updating. After a month, it started showing glitches such that I wasnt able to use the laptop,  so I took it back once again. The claim was that the screen was faulty due to a fall, however it was fixed and I got the laptop back after a month. Now, after a week the laptop started locking up and freezing, and I thought to myself "what exactly is the problem here?". I decided to go on the hp site and find an online support assistant to help instead of wasting transport money back and forth. I followed the virtual agent steps for lock up and freezing until it got to the part of resetting the laptop because I had valuable information on it. With the issue unresolved, I contacted an online personnel which directed me on things to do, with the issue still unresolved I was told to do a local reinstall, grudgingly I did losing all my data but hoping finally this nightmare would end. Unfortunately, it did not help. The next agent I spoke to told me to repeat the steps but this time, a cloud installment should be done. That was done but the issue persisted. Hardware tests were conducted but they came back passed. I did a Microsoft media recovery but it didnt fix the issue. (Mind you, this process took more than a month of my time and energy) My case was transferred to a support personnel in India who told me to take it to a service center as the unit was faulty. I took it to the centre and then I was told the motherboard was faulty . It was replaced and I took the laptop home only to have the first issue repeating itself. And now the settings would not open. 

With the whole of the warranty period being used to fix one issue after the other, I'm afraid after the warranty period ends the cycle would continue. 

I most definitely have been patient enough.

I request for a replacement for this laptop.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FAIQAH 

Sorry, but this is just self-help Community staffed mostly by volunteers and we are not authorized to deal with warranty, service or equipment replacement issues.

For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly, as only they can authorize this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.