Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15-bs 506na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP 15-bs 506na that runs windows 10, I need the following drivers for my laptop but cannot find the drivers for windows 10 2004.

The drivers I need are, Display Driver, touchpad driver, Chipset driver, sound driver, card reader driver,

Any help with this would be Great.

thanks

Matthew

Matthew
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

go to this site https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers and type the required details . and ur done . click on required  drivers and then install them

HP Recommended

Hello,

thanks for the link, there are no drivers listed for Windows 10 version 2004,

will the Drivers for windows 10 version 1909 work on windows 10 version 2004 ?

Can you let me know.

thanks 

Matthew

Matthew
HP Recommended

@Matthew6 

My own guess is that NO, those drivers, since they specifically mention Windows 1909, are not going to work with Windows 2004 -- which is why I would not have suggested you use that link.

Also, unfortunately, even though 2004 has been released generally now, HP is not providing any indication as to when, or if, it will be providing updated drivers for that.  So, at present, we have no alternative to provide you.

If you want to experiment with using those drivers, then read the details below about making an image backup with Macrium Reflect BEFORE you do that so, if the driver update does not work, you have something to restore FROM:

I personally prefer to use third-party Backup solutions as they tend to be both more flexible and more reliable than any built-in solutions.

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive or USB stick
3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

My experience is that MR, when using the High Compression option, typically can compress the saved image file to about 60% of the USED space in the OS partition. This means if you have an 80GB OS partition, and 40GB is used, MR only needs about 24GB to store the image file.

I use this all the time and it typically takes less than 15 minutes to do the image backup and about the same time or less to do a restore.

Plus, MR has the option to Add a Recovery Boot Menu entry. This allows you then to boot into WinRE, and you can then use that to do a restore -- when you can't boot into Windows!

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive or USB stick in only a few minutes.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

go to device manager and update ur drivers from there and if u didnt find any go to windows update in settings and check for updates and if no driver is found dont go 2 3rd party solutions . i ve tried 3rd party solution like driver booster . after updating my task scheduler service is not running , synaptics stopped working normally . then i used windows restore to go to previous backup . now everything is fine except task scheduler service

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.