Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360-15t Touch Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I know if the BIOS update worked on my computer? I can't see if the update worked or not. What is the latest version of the BIOS for my computer? I downloaded the BIOS update from the HP Support Assistant on my computer. After downloading the new BIOS and then after the restart, it doesn't show whether or not the update was installed. There is no information on the update at all anymore. The BIOS update does not show in the "action log" in the HP Support Assistant, so it makes me think the update didn't work?

My product number is P0A42AV. The current Bios information shows as :

F.08-06/16/2016.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Whistlingdixiee wrote:

How do I know if the BIOS update worked on my computer? I can't see if the update worked or not. What is the latest version of the BIOS for my computer? I downloaded the BIOS update from the HP Support Assistant on my computer. After downloading the new BIOS and then after the restart, it doesn't show whether or not the update was installed. There is no information on the update at all anymore. The BIOS update does not show in the "action log" in the HP Support Assistant, so it makes me think the update didn't work?

F.08-06/16/2016.

F.08 Rev.A (Jul 17, 2016) is the latest BIOS version available for your notebook.  If you ever need to see which BIOS version you're running, you can open the System Information utility from the Start Menu or boot into the BIOS (F10) to check.

You can find all of the latest HP drivers/software on your notebook's Software & Driver Downloads page here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Whistlingdixiee wrote:

F.08-06/16/2016.

F.08 Rev.A (Jul 17, 2016) is the latest BIOS version available for your notebook.  If you ever need to see which BIOS version you're running, you can open the System Information utility from the Start Menu or boot into the BIOS (F10) to check.

You can find all of the latest HP drivers/software on your notebook's Software & Driver Downloads page here.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the speedy response. I used FN + esc to get my BIOS information. I just wasn't sure if it was the latest version. Thanks for the link to my computor information. I appreciate your help, Kalt! :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.