Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
G62
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have installed a new hard drive after my old one bi the dust.  

I ran the recovery from the HP Disks.

After it formats the disk and copies the files, it will not boot from the disk.  

I have changed the boot order and tested the drive in BIOS.  

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sometimes the new hdd requires prepping with Cyberlink Utility cd first. Download and Save the file. Once download is complete, put a blank cd in your drive and click the file to create a boot cd. Boot with this cd and wait until you get a green check mark indicating hdd is ready. Remove the cd , insert first Recovery Disk and restart the laptop.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32372/​pv-80183-1/sp44645.exe

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Sometimes the new hdd requires prepping with Cyberlink Utility cd first. Download and Save the file. Once download is complete, put a blank cd in your drive and click the file to create a boot cd. Boot with this cd and wait until you get a green check mark indicating hdd is ready. Remove the cd , insert first Recovery Disk and restart the laptop.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL32372/​pv-80183-1/sp44645.exe

HP Recommended

Can You please Sir state the screenshot of what actually is happeninng. I will be glad to help you out.

HP Recommended

I cannot capture a screenshot becasue it will not boot, but it is a black screen withthe following message.

No Bootable Device -- Insert Boot Disk and Press Any Key

HP Recommended

I am wiping the drive now.  I will try this when it completes and get back to you.

HP Recommended

OK Sir. Happy to help you out

HP Recommended
The software that CherylG recommended seems to have worked. Thank you for the help. I will post again if there are any other issues after the install completes.
HP Recommended

Happy to help you.

HP Recommended

Happy to hear the Cyberlink utility cd solved the problem. If you would,please take a minute to mark the appropriate Reply as Solution to help others looking for help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.