Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop PC 14-eb0000 (167S1AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Cortana does not appear in 'Settings' so I cannot turn it on.  Saying 'Hey Cortana' does nothing.  Mic & speaker fine and works with MS 365.  How do I get it?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you go to Windows Store and type cortana you should be able to download the app or see if it is already installed

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Thanks, I managed to get Cortana up and running though I don’t know how now.  It was installed, just wouldn’t show anywhere so I could turn it on.  Very frustrating, like not being currently able to get rid of pre installed McAfee.  Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.