Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Model 15-cr0055od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I turned my laptop on a couple of days ago and was greeted with a black screen that said "No operating System Installed" it said hit F2 to do a system check, i did so and the hard drive is fine it is just empty, the boot partition, main partition, and the recovery partition all gone. I never made a WIndows Start Up Disk and of course my warranty just expired but it says i can get a HP Recovery off the Cloud. I tried to do that and it wants me to install HP Recovery Tool, all i have access to is my other laptop, which im using now, but it runs Linux. I attempted to go ahead and download the software from the store and run it on Wine on my linux machine but it wont let me its trying to install it on the one with the problem. Where can i get a bootsable recovery media to fix this, i downloaded a .iso from Microsoft but it is not bootable. Please help me solve this frustrating problem.....Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@kingpenn 

I'm surprised you even tried Wine -- as that works well with only a very few Windows apps, and not apps in general.

The Cloud tool downloads the files to create Recovery Media and unfortunately, you need a Windows PC for this -- which is why those of us that have used Linux for a long time continue to retain dual-boot PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.