Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-AY009DX
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Laptop previously had Windows 10 loaded. I wiped that and installed windows 7 Ultimate 64bit successfully. Now it hasn't installed any drivers. The bios has been updated to F.47 from the HP driver site. I believe I need to install the chipset driver next, but when I look at the driver (SP75505) it does not list windows 7 ultimate 64 bit as an operating system, what is the correct chipset driver for this laptop, and where do I find it ? Thanks for your help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

All of the W7 drivers on the support page are good for any version of W7 from Basic to Ultimate.

One driver that is missing from the support page is this one...for the USB 3 ports.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74851.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you for the fast response, I installed the chip set driver sp75505 which installed fine, I also installed the USB drive sp74851 you provided, now my usb ports work fine.
Let me ask you another question, I attempted to install the graphics driver sp75508 and it says it does not meet the min requirements, do I need to install another driver first or do I need to install the other driver sp75504 instead ? Also do I need to install the other 3 chipset drivers sp75506, sp75509 and sp75511, or do I need to pick one driver from each section ?
Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

sp75508 should have worked, so see if this driver works instead...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75507.exe

You shouldn't need the last of the 4 chipset drivers listed under the chipset section (Trusted Execution).  That is for models with the Celeron processors.

If that graphics driver doesn't work either, let me know, and I will give you a way to manually install the W7 driver directly from Intel.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the response, sp75508 installed fine, but now when I do start - control panel - system - system I get the following error "windows explorer has stopped working" and explorer closes and goes back to the desktop, which is not good. That is how I was getting to device manager to check drivers.
Any suggestions ?

HP Recommended

BTW, the only drivers I have installed so far are sp98131 bios, sp75505 chipset, and sp74851 usb. I am not sure if not having any of the others installed yet is causing the problem, just wanted to mention it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

So the original sp75508 graphics driver you tried that said the PC didn't meet the requirements, now worked?

Unfortunately, I would have no idea why you are getting the windows explorer problem.

I suggest you install the HP support assistant software and see if it will automatically find and install the drivers you need.

Click on the orange download button on the upper right side of the webpage.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

HP Recommended

Ooops, that should have said sp75507 not sp75508, sorry about that .

HP Recommended

OK, then try the support assistant and see if that resolves any issues...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.