Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HI, I have just tried to do a clean install of Windows 10 to a NTFS-formatted Kingston SSD-drive 2,5" 240GB from USB drive with newly downloaded Win10 install.

It runs through checking and file copying selecting language and time, then error 0x8007025 appears, Could not find required files. Repair computer or other simple fix does not work.

Which files can be missing? Is it possible to download and add to the USB-drive?

heTh PC runs currently on Win7 Pro (Norwegian), will an update through Create Windows installation tool (current 1909) work?

Regs

Espen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the Windows 10 install is from MS and an "official" , disconnect any other drives and run the install from the USB drive.  When the PS boots to the install Media, pick a "custom" install.  Skip the key input choice and the when you get to the screen showing the SSD, delete all of the partitions and then let Windows install on the drive.

I have heard/seen this happen and Windows install sometimes will bulk at a drive that has been formatted.  It is better to have the drive appear as new and clean.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If the Windows 10 install is from MS and an "official" , disconnect any other drives and run the install from the USB drive.  When the PS boots to the install Media, pick a "custom" install.  Skip the key input choice and the when you get to the screen showing the SSD, delete all of the partitions and then let Windows install on the drive.

I have heard/seen this happen and Windows install sometimes will bulk at a drive that has been formatted.  It is better to have the drive appear as new and clean.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks OM,

It did the trick!

//Espen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.