Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook Stream
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I change clock to my time zone, correct date and time and set "apply" and "done"...it continually changes back immediately.  Happened one other time and it was a simple fix but now I don't remember what it was.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mysti1,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check Windows Time service settings

Press Windows Key + S and enter Services. Choose Services from the menu.
Once the Services window opens, locate Windows Time service and double click it.
Check the Startup type section and set it to Automatic.
Check the Service status. If the service is running, click Stop and then click Start again. If the service isn’t running, click the Start button to start it.
Click Apply and OK.

Change Internet Time server

Open Control Panel. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + S, typing Control Panel and choosing Control Panel from the list of results.
Once you open Control Panel, navigate to Clock, Language and Region section and click on Date and Time.
Navigate to Internet Time tab and click Change settings button.
In the Server section select time.nist.gov instead of time.windows.com and click Update now.
Click OK to save changes.

Unregister and register Windows Time service

Open Command Prompt as administrator. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + X and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
Once the Command Prompt opens, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time
w32tm /resync
Close Command Prompt and restart your computer. Once your computer restarts, the issue should be resolved.

Refer this article to know more information about changing date and time on the PC. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Mysti1,

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

Check Windows Time service settings

Press Windows Key + S and enter Services. Choose Services from the menu.
Once the Services window opens, locate Windows Time service and double click it.
Check the Startup type section and set it to Automatic.
Check the Service status. If the service is running, click Stop and then click Start again. If the service isn’t running, click the Start button to start it.
Click Apply and OK.

Change Internet Time server

Open Control Panel. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + S, typing Control Panel and choosing Control Panel from the list of results.
Once you open Control Panel, navigate to Clock, Language and Region section and click on Date and Time.
Navigate to Internet Time tab and click Change settings button.
In the Server section select time.nist.gov instead of time.windows.com and click Update now.
Click OK to save changes.

Unregister and register Windows Time service

Open Command Prompt as administrator. You can do that by pressing Windows Key + X and choosing Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
Once the Command Prompt opens, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
w32tm /unregister
w32tm /register
net start w32time
w32tm /resync
Close Command Prompt and restart your computer. Once your computer restarts, the issue should be resolved.

Refer this article to know more information about changing date and time on the PC. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have followed this solution, but still the Clock is changed back to show 6 hours ahead of right time. What more can I do?

HP Recommended

Hi! @stians,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Does the time in BIOS show the correct time?

Try the steps recommended below.

Open the Start menu and type "Services"
From The list of options available select "Services"
Click on any service in the list and then type "win" to be taken to the services with a name beginning "Windows"
Find the "Windows Time" service and right click on it and open properties.
Ensure the "Startup Type" is set to "Automatic" and then make sure you "Start" the service.
This should ensure that if you are using NTP (Internet Time) then you should be able to sync your clock on startup.

Control Panel
Click 'Clock, Language & Region'
Click 'Change the time zone'
Click 'Change time zone...' button
Check 'Automatically adjust clock for Daylight Saving Time'

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.