Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7t-6100 CTO Quad Edition
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver, Do you guys know what's the correct driver for this laptop? I have a conflict error on the Device Manager after a clean install of win64.

Solved: PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver - HP Support Community - 7166930

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Fancois 

W10 should have automatically installed the Intel Management Engine Interface device for your notebook.

Since your notebook is not supported by HP for W10 and therefore has no W10 driver for your notebook's hardware version of the IMEI device, you should be able to use the W7 driver from the link below.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55100.exe

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

You need those device-drivers only when your computer is in an office environment, when your computer is remotely managed by your office's I.T. Department, so that they can take remote control of your computer.

To me, it makes some sense to NOT install the device-drivers, to prevent some unauthorized remote access to your home computer.  But, in both the past and the present, I have been proven to be wrong.  YMMV.  🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, @Fancois 

W10 should have automatically installed the Intel Management Engine Interface device for your notebook.

Since your notebook is not supported by HP for W10 and therefore has no W10 driver for your notebook's hardware version of the IMEI device, you should be able to use the W7 driver from the link below.

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55100.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you! For some reason I am getting a message user account has blocked this app I have tried to run it as administrator  and disable smartscreen but not able to . 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That's interesting....

OK, what I have done is to pull the driver you need out of the exe file, zipped it up and attached it below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.   Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Simple Communications Controller device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for drivers option and browse to the driver folder you unzipped.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked and the driver should install that way.

HP Recommended

I'll give that a try, it was wired I had disable the browser control on Win Defender, and also Smart Screen and no luck. I will keep you posted.

Thank you again,

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The manual install should work for you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes, that worked, using Winzip downloading the folder on my desktop and running it from there, using browse for the driver on this computer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Ok now still have PCI Device error unknow, and another one as unknown device. Should I uninstall them?

What do you suggest?  

HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for the PCI device...download, unzip and run the setup application from the first driver listed at the link below.

Card Reader Solutions > Card Reader Controllers Software - REALTEK

Please post the hardware ID for the unknown device, so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide to find that information...

How to Find Drivers for Unknown Devices in the Device Manager (howtogeek.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.